Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Break.

The fortunate thing about Blake being a student is that he gets a Spring Break. 
& because he gets a spring break - it's only fair that I do too. 


Blake is going to be selling Alarm Systems for Northstar Alarm Company
this summer so he had a sales training he needed to go to which happened to be during some of his spring break. Naturally, we just turned this whole ordeal into a Vacation. 

We spent a couple days in California. 
Blake had never been there - 
I had, briefly.
So we decided to take a little trip. 

It was beautiful
overpopulated, but beautiful. 

Day 1: Flying. Driving & Santa Monica.

We flew into Vegas and decided to take the 4+ hour drive to the LA Area.
I had been wanting to go to the Santa Monica Pier for some unknown reason -
so that was our first and only stop for the night. 
other than Chez "something".
which was rather expensive so we ate like rabbits.




Day 2: Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica

We started the Morning off right with what is probably the BEST breakfast in California.
Definitely the best breakfast I can remember eating!
We ate at a place called : The Griddle.
Highly Recommended.
French Toast: to die for.
We then headed over to Hollywood Blvd.
to look at a few stars.
Was a huge fan as a little girl!


We ran into Shreck!
We really didn't know what to do.
If it was up to me I would have just laid out the whole time -
but Blake isn't all that interested in that.
So we decided to take one of the hundred tours that we were bombarded about.
The Tour took us to see the "Hollywood" sign.
Good thing we weren't so eager to just see the Hollywood Sign - 
I'm pretty sure I got a better view of it from the ground.
But it was a great view of the City, nonetheless.
See the Hollywood Sign in the Background? Yeah go put on your glasses.
We Also saw some Celebrity Homes.
& basically what they meant by that was...
we would see a few of the celebrities homes -
but mostly the celebrities hedges.
Adam Sandler has some HUGE hedges around his house.
in case you were wondering.
Bad & Angelina's




We Finished the Day off in Santa Monica -
This became one of our favorite places. 
Serioulsy. Beautiful.

Day 3: Temple, Horseback Riding in LA & back to Las Vegas

First thing Tuesday Morning we went to the Los Angeles Temple!
I like to take advantage of every opportunity we have to go to the Temple -
especially since the closest one to us is 5 hours away.


This is probably the largest Temple I've been in.
The landscaping was beautiful - as it always is.
It was a great way to start our Morning!

Naturally we would fly to Los Angeles and PAY to ride horses when we could ride them in Florida for Free. However Florida doesn't have mountains, so we decided why not!
Cowboy Blake!
We arrive. Sign our Permission Slips. THEN they tell us 
"if you're afraid of heights this may not be for you"
"the horses instinct is to walk on the edge of the mountain"

My thoughts went something like this -
Oh, I love rollar-coasters - Not a big deal. 
Edge of the mountain, yeah right!

As we start up the Mountain.
I suddenly believed EVERY.WORD. they said.

That poor guide probably hated my guts.
(and I really can't blame her)
for the first 10 minutes ( not even exaggerating) I'm not sure I ever stopped repeating
" My horse is too close to the edge" 
"I think we're about to fall off this mountain"
"I don't like this"
"Blake stop talking to me I'm scared"

In my head I'm thinking
A) Keep your feet where you can jump off if need be.
B)"What if I just say I want to go back."
C)"They said no refunds"
D)"but my life is a little more important than money"
E)"Blake might kill me though if I waste this money"

So you get the point. I was scared.
& I wish I could've taken a picture of how close we were to the edge.
But I dare not budge. For fear of rolling down the side of the mountain.

After about 20 or so Minutes into the ride it got a little bit better. 
& it got A LOT better when we turned around to come down the mountain.

The guide got in the front. Which meant I got in the back.
and made sure I kept the Horse from getting on the edge.
Notice How I'm in the Center -
Blake pulled his Horse off the edge too.


I got this!
I actually enjoyed the ride on the way down.
It was an awesome View Up there -
For the time that I was actually able to look out!

Day 4: Las Vegas
Picked up Stephen ( my little brother) who flew in for the Sales Conferance.
Walked around the Strip.
Ate at Bubba Gumps.


Day 5: Las Vegas/Utah
Blake Started training
& I flew to Utah to see my best friend, Holly, and her new baby girl Capri

Holly looked great after having a baby 2 weeks Prior. 
We ate Zupas. (YUM!)
Held Capri. 
Admired how beautiful she is. 
Walked around the Riverwoods. 
I bought two $30 Candles - 
That I tripped over and broke.
( way to go Erica!)
(I'm still a little upset about that - they had them sitting in the middle of the floor in a crate - not wise displaying. Fortunately the lady accepted my offer to pay wholesale for them since I wasn't buying them for pleasure...)
Holly got two broken Candles!


Day 6: Las Vegas
Training day again for the boys.
I walked around a little bit that morning.
Met up with Blake for lunch.
And spent the rest of the day with the crew.
Bellagio Flowers
Day 7: Las Vegas/Arizona
The boys went over to Arizona to start Selling Alarm Systems.
These systems are seriously awesome -
I wish they were in Florida.

I spent the day lounging by the pool, eating gelatto and reading.
Not a bad day at all.

Day 8: Back to Florida. 
:(

I'm finding more and more that I am in LOVE with the West. 
I love Florida. & I love the Farm. 
But I absolutely LOVE the west. 
There are so many things to do -
and so many places that still have that
"Small Town" feel.








2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the candles!! haha. It was SO MUCH FUN to see you!!! And I'm glad you finally posted on your blog. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun vacation! Chris and I are planning a trip to California back to his mission and we're planning on doing a little "Temple Hopping" to all the Temples around. I too would be terrified about horseback riding with the horse going too close to the edge. HELLO scary!

    ReplyDelete