Friday, April 8, 2016

JANUARY - MARCH

J A N U A R Y 

At Christmas we were able to share with our families that we were expecting a little boy! We were both excited to share that with them, however, we still had anxieties. The thing I hate most about pregnancy is that I want to see my baby everyday, but especially when I go to the doctor.

I do not know why but one particular night in January I COULD NOT sleep. I can't remember what I was worried about something, but I had not felt my baby move yet, and it was scaring me. I had worked my self up so much that my hands had turned blue (it's weird, but anxiety and stress make my hands turn blue)... Instead of calling the doctor and telling them I was worried, I got my mom to stop by an ultrasound place in Dothan to take a peek. He happened to be perfec and calm.


I was actually only 17weeks, the lady typed wrong
We headed out to Denver for the Western Apparel Market that we always go to in January. It's always a super quick trip, but this time we managed to wander off a little bit. We never fail to find good food, and ate our our favorite breakfast spot, Snooze. Blake got his eyebrows threaded, which was pretty humorous. 

We made it to a big milestone - I hit the 20 Week mark! This was an especially big deal for us, because there were moments when we wondered if we would ever be able to have children. 20 weeks was exciting, but we were/are still in the whole mindframe of, let's just get this baby here. When you've dealt with infertility and loss, you feel somewhat like, I don't believe it until I see it... as in see the baby in my hands. (maybe that's just us). Nonetheless, we were VERY excited & this was my first pregnancy picture.


2016 has brought a lot of new babies to our family. January Lance & Kristen and Kaitlyn and Austin has baby boys. We visited all the babies, but sadly only snapped a picture of the visit to see baby Wyatt. We love being an Aunt/Uncle.


February
My mom, sister and I spent a weekend in Atlanta baby shopping. I had mapped out all the baby stores I wanted to go to, I wanted to find a crib and a rocker (both of which I did NOT find in Atlanta). But my other favorite store for baby items happened to be there, and we loaded the trunk down. And we also loaded our stomachs up. We found a pizza place on Man vs. Food. The pizza was huge, but other than that... nothing super impressive.
Blake had his first interview with a DPT program at UNF. And we celebrated Valentines Day at Taco Bell, and I ain't one single bit mad about it. Seriously, I think we might have a Spanish Baby.


Blake makes me breakfast every morning ( did I get lucky or what? ) He'll cook me whatever I request.. Which typically looks something like this.


The day after Valentines day I shot off to Vegas for one of my favorite work trips. My mom always goes on this one with me, which I like (she likes to eat good - and we usually have a pretty good time). 

The turbulance was a little rough on the plane ride from Panama City to Houston. I wondered at times if I wouldn't be dying on a Southwest Airplane. And as typical, laughed as tears streamed down my face, because I was so nervous. 



Breakfast at a little restaurant in Caesars. I've never had a salad for breakfast (don't worry I didn't eat it) But that Omelette was delicious. And the bread they served made me feel like I was in France. 


It's always chinese new year when we are there and the hotels have the coolest decorations set up. The Bellagio typically has the best (or the best I see). This year it was the year of the Monkey or as some people believed, the year of the orange.


We went to cheer on our little nephew Camden in his Basketball League. Since we are his "basketball playin" aunt and uncle we figured it was pretty important for us to support him! He always gets excited when he has a fan club, and really could care less if he plays or not. 

We also got started on baby boys room. We had purchased some shelves a while back, but hadn't been able to put them up. We wrangled Calvin into coming over and putting them up for us... I mean if you want it done right, get the handy man! I mainly loved how Blake was sitting there watching, while I was sitting against the wall watching. We're so much help!




We celebrated 24 Weeks - a good 24 weeks checkup with a trip to Great American Cookie Factory. I love icing and asked the lady if she could put a 24 on the cookie. She of course thought I was odd, but did it anyways. 


MARCH

Welcome to the month of leg cramps. I woke up with the WORST leg cramps, and Blake hooked me up with his handy dandy stocking from surgery. They helped, so whatever. I broke all sorts of personal fashion rules with these things and my tennis shoes.


My grandma ended up in the hospital, on her Birthday, and ended up getting a little confused while in there. I couldn't resist taking this picture, she was cracking me up. She told me she bought the room there and she was planning on how she was going to decorate it. I brought her some flowers for her birthday and the nurses got her a balloon, and this is what she looked like walking the halls confused. 


Blake also celebrated is 29th Birthday in March! We celebrated a little low key. My parents took us out for his Birthday the night of his birthday. We went to Hunts in Panama City and had some seafood. Their oysters are my favorite around, and Blake just loves seafood. When they came out to sing to him, Layne was a little upset that the dessert was not for him. The little kid LOVES birthdays!


Blake and I had sushi to celebrate his birthday RIGHT before I took the 1-hour glucose test (week 28 appointment). I passed. So apparently sushi is a good luck charm ;)



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!