Thursday, August 6, 2015

June & July

June  & July passed in the blink of an eye...

(see what I did there)

But really, it did.

JUNE ||

We celebrated Blakes Mom's & My Brother-In-Laws Birthday at the beginning of June. Dustin turned the BIG 3 0. My sister arranged a surprise dinner for him at Captain Andersons in Panama, and he was a little surprised to walk in to the whole crowd there to celebrate his big day.

His Birthday cake was topped with this huge Kettle Bell - which we all called a man purse!



We went down to the Temple in Orlando the second weekend in June to help clean the Temple. It was a great experience, once I have never been a part of before. I was in charge of dusting - Blake vacuumed and went over the carpet to make sure there were no lines in the carpet. The attention to detail and cleaning is so impressive, as I would have expected.

We also got to meet up with "The Fam" -


We of course hammered David, on his dating life - who he was dating, if he was dating. Karina is getting married in TWO weeks. So she was off the hook. We share so many fun memories with these two! And laugh more than you can imagine when we are all together.



And I scored this really cool plant (Ikea) ^^ and tweed thing ^^ (Pottery Barn) while in Orlando. My mom and sister were making fun of my love of real looking fake plants. I was pretty happy with how it looked on our ottoman, and there was so much sun light in our living room one day, this just seemed like the perfect picture, and perfect purchase. Blake is starting to understand my need for decor and finishes.

JULY ||

Who doesn't love July? I mean Fireworks and homemade ice cream, water slides and lazy pool days. July is one of the best months of the year.


Fourth of July - we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on the Water Slide at my parents house - We went down multiple times with the nephews, and of course together. We almost flew off the end a time or two! I beg blake every year to throw me a summer birthday party with these things ; He laughs. He still hasn't gotten me that Trampoline I ask for every year. Somebody please tell him, he's supposed to get his wife what she asks for (!)

I also had a good time in July painting some thrift store finds. I'm still in search of finding handles that will fit, but I'm SO in love. I also bought a 1950's rocking chair, and I can't wait to reupholster it for our bedroom. 

We started a week of whole eating - in which I was super impressed. Night One I made Cauliflower Pizza. Not as bad as it sounds, and makes even better left overs (which I normally won't eat).


Shrimp Mango Tacos were up on the menu another night. I know, I was impressed with myself. The spice was really good on these, but I mainly just picked out all the shrimp to eat.



And then.. the next week, I didn't make it to the grocery store. Eating Habits fell like a rock. We discovered this little burger shop off of 30-A. And ate our little hearts out. Can you blame me?



Some of my favorite people came to town from Utah for Holly's brothers Mission Homecoming! I rode them around to see the cows on the farm - that's never a bad thing to get to leave work to do. Capri even drove us around some, pretty sure she's close to receiving her driving permit ;)



Then the end of the month my mom and I headed off to Utah for a wedding - It was a quick trip (flew out Thursday night, flew home on the Red-Eye Saturday Night/Sunday Morning). But I would definitely say we made the most of the time we had. 

The occurrence of events went something like this:

Friday - 

8 am - Run to walmart to buy all the essentials we forgot to pack / breakfast / get ready

10 am - Kayla's Bridal Shower ; being the chatty cathy's that we all are when we get together, we didn't not leave the bridal shower until 1 (!)

1 pm - Shopping 

3 pm - Lunch & then more Shopping

5 pm - Met up with Holly & family for Desserts.


... yeah so much for eating "Whole"

7 pm - Decided we were going to Hike Ensign Peak to see the Blue Moon. 

Unfortunately the picture doesn't do it justice. It was huge, and beautiful and bright.


The view on the way up was pretty gorgeous. I'm pretty obsessed with Mountain-Top Views.



Saturday we woke up early and headed over to the Salt Lake Temple to do a session.




After leaving the Temple - we rushed to change, and hurry down to Ogden for Kayla's Wedding. 

Once I put the address in the GPS it said that we would get there 18 minutes AFTER it began. Which meant we would have missed it. We were both a little upset, and were trying to figure out ways to cut time. I mean after all, this is what we flew to Utah for after all. We hadn't eaten and it was almost 2. 

Luckily, I realized our GPS was set on Florida time, and was an hour ahead. At that moment, we could both Breathe. 



& that concludes June and July. 







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!